Vivo is a magical journey from Sony Pictures Animation, which is set to release on Netflix on Friday, 6th August 2021. As the premise follows the pursuit of love through music, fans are wondering what songs are featured in the movie.
The movie is based on a screenplay by Kirk DeMicco (The Croods – 2013) and Quiara Alegría Hudes (In The Heights – 2021). DeMicco also worked as a director on the film.
The movie is currently rated 7.6/10 on IMDB and features music by Alex Lacamoire, a composer known for his work on ‘The Greatest Showman’ (2017) and ‘In The Heights’.
Vivo: Soundtrack explored for the animated movie on Netflix
There are 25 in total listed for the movie’s soundtrack The total run time is 41 minutes and 35 seconds. The track listings, artists and their run times are as follows:
- Overture – Alex Lacamoire (1:12).
- One Of A Kind – Juan de Marcos Gonzalez and Lin-Manuel Miranda (4:10).
- Mambo Cabana – Juan de Marcos Gonzalez, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Gloria Estefan (2:17).
- One More Song – Lin-Manuel Miranda (2:32).
- My Own Drum – Ynairaly Simo (2:22).
- Keep the Beat – Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ynairaly Simo (2:33).
- Love’s Gonna Pick You up – Brian Tyree Henry, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Aneesa Folds (1:30).
- Tough Crowd – Lin-Manuel Miranda (0:28).
- One More Song (Reprise) – Lin-Manuel Miranda (0:39).
- Running Out Of Time – Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ynairaly Simo, Chris Jackson, Veronica Jackson, Gloria Calderon Kellett, Bri Holland, Alana Da Fonseca, Jada Banks-Mace, Gloria Estefan, Zoe Saldaña, & Leslie David Baker (2:14).
- Inside Your Heart – Gloria Estefan (2:41).
- Grand Finale – Ynairaly Simo, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Brian Tyree Henry, Aneesa Folds, Bri Holland, Alana Da Fonseca, Jade Banks-Mace, Zoe Saldaña, & Gloria Estefan (2:06).
- My Own Drum (Remix) – Ynairaly Simo and Missy Elliot (2:57).
- ¡Presente! – Gloria Estefan (2:23).
- Marta’s Letter – Alex Lacamoire (0:44).
- La Colecta/Suitcase of Memories – Alex Lacamoire (1:20).
- Vivo Comes Around – Lin-Manuel Miranda and Alex Lacamoire (0:48).
- Saving The Song – Alex Lacamoire and Lin-Manuel Miranda (1:26).
- Welcome To Florida – Alex Lacamoire and Lin-Manuel Miranda (0:27).
- Sand Dollar Animal Control – Alex Lacamoire (1:33).
- Not On My Watch – Alex Lacamoire (0:39).
- Lutador – Alex Lacamoire (0:52).
- Gabi And Vivo – Alex Lacamoire(0:53).
- Bienvenido A La Familia – Alex Lacamoire and Lin-Manuel Miranda (1:37).
- What Difference Can One Song Make? – Alex Lacamoire and Lin-Manuel Miranda (0:59).
In the lead up to the release of the movie worldwide, musicians and composers have been tight-lipped about the music that will be featured in the film. All music for the movie was released on the same day as the movie (6th August 2021).
Where can you listen to the Vivo soundtrack?
As Spotify is subscription-based, users will have to pay for an account with them. prices start at £5.99 a month for students and £9.99 for individual accounts. A breakdown of costs can be seen here.
Lin-Manuel Miranda in Vivo
Lin-Manuel Miranda, who also appears in the movie as the leading role, Vivo was reportedly asked in 2016, to write 11 songs for the upcoming film. He is well known for his work on titles such as:
- Sesame Street as Lamb-Manuel / Freddy Flapman (2009-2011).
- Moana in Music Department (2016).
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker as a Soldier (2019).
- BoJack Horseman as Crackerjack Sugarman (2017-2020).
- DuckTales as Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera / Gizmoduck / Elves (2018-2021).
- Hamilton as Alexander Hamilton (2020).
- In The Heights as Piragüero (2021).
- The Little Mermaid in Music Department (TBA).
- Encanto in Music Department (2021).
More of his work can be seen here.
About the composer, Alex Lacamoire
Alex Lacamoire is an American Composer, musical director and orchestrator. He was born on 24th May 1975 in Los Angeles, California and is married to Illeana Ferreas.
Alex took a shine to music at a young age, when he began playing the piano at four years old. Later in life, he attended Berkeley College of Music and graduated from there after gaining an extensive skill set in music including film scoring.
He has been credited in 15 titles as a composer, in the music department and on soundtracks. His most notable works include ‘The Incredibles 2’ (2018) and ‘Hamilton ‘2020’.
For this year, he has worked on ‘In The Heights’ and Vivo but does not have any upcoming roles. Fans can follow him on his official Instagram account here.
In other news, Aftermath: Explore the true story that inspired Netflix horror movie